Lets start out with a little bit of an introduction, eh? My name is Anna and this is my blog. My inspiration comes from my daughter and her love for "everything equine"... hince the name. She is 2 years old and has already found her calling in life, crazy to think, I know. But I'm serious. She can ride a horse just as well as someone who has been riding for years. She's been riding since she could barely stand up. Her little self can hop on a horse better than I can - mostly due to age. So, I've decided to start on something that will hopefully one day be a dream come true for her - her own equine retreat.

Let's get down to business. Why equine? Horses are incredible animals. You don't just learn to ride a horse. You learn to control an animal more than twice your size. You learn to form a team with an animal of a totally different breed than you. You learn to trust another being just by body language. You learn to communicate with something that has never spoken a word. You not only learn everything about the horse, you learn about yourself as well. You become codependent with the horse. They depend on you to give the commands and lead them, you depend on them to listen and to carry you.

I have so much trust in these wonderful creatures, that I trust them with my TWO year old daughter. I will repeat, TWO year old daughter. She cannot even speak complete sentences yet. Horses are smarter than what we give them credit for.

That being said, I will continue to post updates on my blog of our journey through the equine world. I will also post any useful tips or anything I find interesting pertaining to horses!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts